Size of later Palmers buildings built shortly before 1909: view of the joiners’ & cabinetmakers’ shops: 146' long, 76' wide, 3 stories high, sawpit beneath. Their erecting shop (not shown) was even larger: 400' long, 59' wide, 50' high (to eaves). Source: Malcolm Dillon. Some Account of the works of Palmers Shipbuilding and Iron company. W.E. Franklin, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 1909 (4thEd); 45, 52, 64.

Image of joiners' & cabinetmakers' shops.