Charles Lennig, Ltd. was established as the Rohm & Haas subsidiary in England in the 1950's. Lennig Chemicals began in Jarrow about 1963, right of the original Palmers Works entrance, and on the site of Palmers' angle iron smith’s & frame setting shops. In the mid '70s it was renamed Rohm & Haas, which was then was taken over by Dow Chemicals (2009), now named “Rohm & Haas (UK) Ltd, a subsidiary of Dow Chemical Co”.
Photo: Vin Mullen 2011.

Image of Rohm and Haas.