1911 view of HMS Hercules at Palmers Shipyards (launched 10 Apr 1910, commissioned 31 Jul 1911). Note the background views… serrated roof line of Palmers
3 storey joiners’ & cabinetmakers’ shops… gas tanks between Chaytor & Tyne Streets; foreground view…Palmers’ cranes. The concrete pad at the base of this old 3 storey building is still visible on Google Maps… just left of the path leading to the old wharf. This path is at the side of the rotunda entrance to the most westerly Tyne tunnel. Photo: Old postcard, courtesy of Kevin Blair.