Photo Galleries for the STRONG Family Web Site.
Collections of photographs have been put together here that are solidly linked to the stories outlined on these pages. There are currently 12 Photo Galleries. (Current total 257 images).
Contents of this Website are subject to Copyright © by Philip Strong, & allow fair academic use.
Do you have information, opinion or a question relating to either this site’s contents or its copyright? Please use the e-mail link available at the bottom of each page. I look forward to corresponding with you.
- David STRONG Photo gallery for David STRONG, his wife and family in Sydney NSW. David was born on 4 Aug 1870 in Belfast, Ireland. He possibly met his future wife Minnie WEDEMEYER at Bundaberg, Queensland Australia and married in Sydney NSW. Details of David's life can be seen here on the web site. (6 images)
- Robert GD STRONG Photo gallery for Robert George David STRONG (child of David STRONG), his wife and family in NSW. Details of Robert's life can be seen here on the web site. (16 images)
- New Zealand STRONGs Photo gallery for the sections of the STRONGs who remained in New Zealand after emigrating from Belfast, Ireland. See details here on the website: chapters 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, appendix 1. (49 images)
- LANE Family Photo gallery showing the LANE family house ruins in Co. Tyrone, Ireland and the LANEs in Jarrow, showing their homes and graves. I am most grateful for the images which were kindly supplied by: Bill Cardwell (Belfast)… images 1, 4-8; the present day owners of the LANE Unagh farm… 2 & 3; Vin Mullen (Jarrow)… 10-16, 21-23, 26-28; Tony Appleton (Jarrow)… 19 & 20; Patrick Brennan (Jarrow)… 25; Norman Dunn… 28-29, 33, 34, 39; "Evening Chronicle" archives… 33, 39; Kevin Blair… 34; Malcolm Dillon… 32, 35-36; "John Rippington Collection" from Tyne & Wear archives… 38,40. Details of the LANE Family in Ireland and Jarrow, England, can be seen here on the web site. (60 images)
- Lissan Excursion Photo gallery showing the countryside around LANE family homes in Co. Tyrone, Ireland. (33 images)
- Lissan Parish Church Photo gallery for the church of the Lissan Parish in Churchtown, Co. Londonderry, Ireland. Photos: Keith Ison, May 2006. Details of the Lissan Parish can be seen here, photos, maps and the baptismal records etc relating to the LANE family in Lissan Parish can be seen here on the web site. The Ireland GenWeb Special Project has kindly made a link to this photo gallery. (7 images)
- Annie FOSTER Photo gallery for the family of Annie STEVENS (née FOSTER), her husband and family in New Zealand. The STEVENS gallery contains the outstanding photos originating from the album and scrapbook of Annie STEVENS (née FOSTER) b. 1850 etc, which are kindly shared by Jill Gooden, Lorna and Murray Barclay. In addition, Lynette Hill kindly took photos of the STEVENS grave. Details of Annie’s family can be seen here on the FOSTER family section of the web site. (16 images)
- FOSTER Family Photo gallery for the FOSTER family from Low Head and Launceston Tasmania. The FOSTER gallery contains images from Annie STEVENS (née FOSTER) (b. 1850) collection. This comprised historic family photos from her album, as well as 4 engravings from newspaper clippings in her scrapbook. The wood cut engravings were originally published as a collection "Sketches going up the Tamar" in the Australasian Sketcher on Apr 12 1879. The FOSTERs may have kept these clippings following possible assistance given by the Pilot Station to the artist who drew the sketches. Note the recurrent view of a possible Pilot Station boat and crew in the engravings and that the original captions were cut out and pasted on the engravings. Annie’s collection is kindly shared by Jill Gooden. Also included are my photos of Thomas FOSTER and several others, and a photo from Alice Martyn (d. 2004), of her grandfather William McCLURE. Details of the FOSTER family can be seen here on the FOSTER family section of the web site. (23 images)
- Elizabeth WEDEMEYER Photo gallery for Johanna Elizabeth (Elizabeth) DAVIS (née WEDEMEYER), her husband and family in Chinchilla, Qld. Elizabeth was born on 6 Jun 1872 in Gayndah, Qld and married John Edward (Jack) DAVIS. Photos: courtesy of Audrey Heeps, Yvonne and Bob Kemp, with some photos which Elizabeth sent to her sister Minnie (my grandmother). Details of Elizabeth's life can be seen here on the web site. (21 images)
- Maggie WEDEMEYER Photo gallery for Margaret Henrietta (Maggie) WEDEMEYER, her second husband and family in Sydney NSW. Maggie was born on 27 Mar 1878, Mount Perry Queensland. Her first husband was Walter Francis George SHRIMPLIN and her second was Percy David GATES. Details of Maggie's life can be seen here on the web site. (4 images)
- Minnie WEDEMEYER Photo gallery for Lucy Wilhelmina (Minnie) WEDEMEYER, her husband and family in Sydney NSW. Minnie was born on 28 Jun 1870 in Gayndah, Qld and married David STRONG. Details of Minnie's life can be seen here on the web site. (7 images)
- WEDEMEYER Homeland in Germany. Photo gallery for the WEDEMEYER Homeland in Germany. The German-born members of my WEDEMEYER family came from Goslar and Moringen, and possibly nearby Fredelsloh, with a Lauenberg association. Details of the WEDEMEYERs in these towns can be seen by clicking on the names of these towns. Further photos would be gratefully received. Any help would be gratefully received. (29 images)
- Alma Patfield. Photo gallery for Alma PATFIELD… her father's & mother's lines… Alma was born on 25 Mar 1901 at Paterson NSW and married Robert GD STRONG (see his photogallery above). Her paternal family were prominent in Paterson, and her maternal family originally immigrated to the Upper Paterson Valley from Germany. Details of Alma's life and that of her family can be seen here on the web site. (50 images. Photos: Many thanks to Gerhard Klinger (#2-5,7), Marlise Düx #8,9), Colin Horn (#16, 17, 19, 20, 45), Jack Sullivan (#26), Valma Patfield (#28), Judy Soper (#39 ,40), David Smith (#29, 30, 37, 49, 52), Joan Lambert (#38), Fotolia (#14, 15, 18), Dungog Shire Council (#23), Delma Lawrence (#24), Martin family (#42), Ron Patfield (#35), Fay Alexander (#31), State Records NSW (#47), Sue Rabitt (#51), Beth Pardy (#57, 59, 60), Ian Butler(#58).
The galleries can be navigated by returning to this page, which can be easily found by using the link at the bottom left of each photo gallery page. References to the photographs can also be seen within the stories of family members, usually with a direct link to the gallery involved.