Sitemap for the STRONG Family Web Site
On this page are listed all the individual pages of this admittedly sprawling web site. All pages from each branch of the family: STRONG, FOSTER, LANE, WEDEMEYER, PATFIELD can be found in this sitemap, as well as links to the extensive Photo Galleries.
Contents of this Website are subject to Copyright © by Philip Strong, & allow fair academic use.
The Photo Galleries
- STRONG Photogalleries:
David STRONG David STRONG, husband of Minnie WEDEMEYER.
- Robert GD STRONG Rev. Robert George David STRONG, husband of Alma PATFIELD.
- STRONGs who stayed in NZ the sections of our family which emigrated from Belfast
in 1872 & 1874 to New Zealand and remained there.
- LANE Family: This gallery shows the LANE family house ruins in Co. Tyrone, Ireland and the homes and graves of the LANEs in Jarrow, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Lissan Excursions Photo gallery showing the countryside around LANE family homes and remains of these homes in Co. Tyrone, Ireland.
- Lissan Parish Church Photo gallery for the LANE Family church of the Lissan Parish in Churchtown, Co. Londonderry, Ireland.
- Annie FOSTER Family of Annie FOSTER, wife of Sydney Pope STEVENS.
- FOSTER Family Family of George James FOSTER, husband of Lucy HAMMOND.
- Elizabeth WEDEMEYER Johanna Elizabeth (Elizabeth) WEDEMEYER, wife of Jack DAVIS.
- Maggie WEDEMEYER Margaret Henrietta (Maggie) WEDEMEYER, wife of W. SHRIMPLIN & P. GATES.
- Minnie WEDEMEYER Lucy Wilhelmina (Minnie) WEDEMEYER, wife of David STRONG.
- WEDEMEYER Homeland in Germany The towns of Moringen, Goslar and Fredelsloh.
- Alma PATFIELD Alma Maud PATFIELD, wife of Robert George David STRONG. It illustrates Alma's early German heritage, her grandparents, parents & siblings, and her own life.
The STRONGs of Ulster, Ireland
- Chapter 1 Robert STRONG (Snr): Early Records
- Chapter 2 Robert STRONG (Jnr)
- Chapter 3 Overview of Robert STRONG's Children
- Chapter 4 Agnes STRONG
- Chapter 5 Robert James, Joseph & David STRONG
- Chapter 6 Mary (Minnie) STRONG
- Chapter 7 William Aberdare STRONG
- Chapter 8 Robert William STRONG
- Chapter 9 David Wallace STRONG
- Chapter 10 Joseph Lane (Joe) STRONG.
- Chapter 11 Robert George David STRONG
- Chapter 12 John Taylor STRONG.
- Section 1 (i) Descendant Report— BDM records + photos; (ii) Internet sites; (iii) DNA; (iv) Problem photo.
- Section 2 Records of STRONGs in Belfast
- Section 3: The search for Hamilton STRONG in USA
- Section 4: Further biographical details: (i) Obituary of John Burgess MACKAY.
- Section 5: Records of STRONGs & SLOAN(E)s of Holywood.
- Section 6: CALLAGHANs lived next door to David STRONG.
- Diagram of the 1861 Knocknagoney Griffith's map | Shipping and the STRONG family: emigrant ships ‘Cospatrick’ & the ‘Baron Aberdare’ | Large coloured photo of Robert STRONG (Jnr) b. 1830.
- Family Bible: Images and information.
FOSTER of Launceston, Australia
- Chapter 1 Early Records & Origins of the FOSTER Family
- Chapter 2 George FOSTER's wife: the Hammond family. George’s early career as a pilot at Low Head.
- Chapter 3 George FOSTER's further career as River Pilot: ~1853—1861 and then Low Head Senior Pilot: 1861 to 1879.
- Chapter 4 George FOSTER's retirement. George’s home and grave in present day Launceston.
- Chapter 5 An overview of George FOSTER's children.
- Chapter 6 Annie STEVENS (née FOSTER).
- Chapter 7 Jane FRANCIS (née FOSTER).
- Chapter 8 Thomas FOSTER.
- Chapter 9 Associated family: McNEIL.
- Chapter 10 Associated family: McLEAN… John & Roderick.
- Chapter 11 Associated family: John McLEAN’s children.
- Chapter 12 Associated family: Roderick McLEAN & his children.
- Chapter 13 George FOSTER (Jnr) of Taree: his children… Thelma, Thomas & Eric.
- Appendix 1: Meetings of the Launceston Marine Board,1879.
- Appendix 2: George FOSTER’s Testimonial at his Retirement.
- Appendix 3: Poem: Sorrow on the Sea.
- Appendix 4: George FOSTER’s Property
- Appendix 5: Descendancy Reports: Jane, Thomas, Catherine & Annie FOSTER; Roderick McLEAN.
- Appendix 6: Descendancy Reports: McLEANs & associated Mull Families.
- Appendix 7: Sydney STEVENS & the annual smoke concert.
- Appendix 8: Relating to Chapter 13: Australian POWs and Hilton Stanton material.
- Photo of the paddle-wheel–driven tug ‘PS Tamar’.
- Composite map of Richmond River parish maps.
The LANE/LAIN(E)s of Ulster, Ireland
- Chapter 1 Early Records of the LANE Family
- Chapter 2 Farms of the LANE family.
- Chapter 3 Further Details of the Three Farms
- Chapter 4 Children (i): Search for children & relatives.
- Chapter 5 Children (ii): Jane STRONG (née LANE) [b. 1839]
- Chapter 6 Children (iii): Sarah Anne DAVISON (née LANE) [b. 1842]
- Chapter 7 Children (iv): Joseph LANE [b. 1848]
- Chapter 8
Children (v): Death of Joseph LANE & the Zeppelin Raid [15 Jun 1915 Jarrow]
- Appendix 1: The Will of James LANE
- Appendix 2: Useful Irish links
- Appendix 3: LANE Descendancy Report
- Appendix 4: Transcription of portion of “Palmers” by Malcolm Dillon (1909)
- Appendix 5: Zeppelin fatalities data (1915)
- Appendix 6: All Sources Cited
- Appendix 7: Zeppelin Raid Centenary excursion
- Appendix 8: Robert Strong LANE
- Grave of Joseph LANE, Jane LANE & family at Jarrow cemetery | Large coloured photo of Jane STRONG (née LANE) b. 1839. | Seven wide views of Palmers Works & also Zeppelin bombing locations… see: Palmers Works. | Philip Strong (Janis Blower byline). Night of the Zeppelin. South Shields Gazette; 16 March 2011. |
The WEDEMEYERs of Eastern Australia
- Chapter 1 Georg Heinrich Friedrich Louis WEDEMEYER's origins in Goslar & Moringen, and his Descendancy Report.
- Kapitel 1 Übersetzung.
- Chapter 2 Emigration from Germany.
- Chapter 3 Life in Gayndah.
- Chapter 4 Life in Drummers Creek & Yarrol Reef.
- Chapter 5 Properties at Walla.
- Chapter 6 Elizabeth DAVIS: GHL's Wife.
- Chapter 7 Overview of GHL’s children with descendant report.
- Chapter 8 Harry WEDEMEYER & Louis WEDEMEYER.
- Chapter 9 Minnie WEDEMEYER & Elizabeth WEDEMEYER.
- Chapter 10 John & Maggie WEDEMEYER.
- Section 1 WEDEMEYER early origins: Moringen; Fredelsloh; Duchy of Braunschweig (Brunswick) Germany. General Albert Coady WEDEMEYER and possible Fredelsloh / Lauenberg relatives(?).
- Section 2 WEDEMEYER: court cases and Council rates.
- Section 3 WEDEMEYER: 1885 Hotel fire. Harry WEDEMEYER’s selection and obituaries.
- Section 4 DAVIS: obituary of Elizabeth PAAP (late WEDEMEYER, née DAVIS). Details of Elizabeth’s brother, William DAVIS of Gayndah, Qld.
- Section 5 WEDEMEYER: name variants and DNA, pronunciation, origin. Full descendancy report of German born WEDEMEYERs.
- Related files: Bootmaking— front page advertising | Killare & Kilcleagh Parishes Elizabeth’s Irish origin | Letter written by GHL WEDEMEYER | Map of Walla- three WEDEMEYER properties.
- Chapter 1 Brief introduction to early generations of the PATFIELDs, details the life of my great grandfather Samuel PATFIELD and lists his children.
- Chapter 2 Describes my grandfather, Ernest Montague (Monty) PATFIELD, and lists his children.
- Chapter 3 Describes my mother Alma Maud STRONG.
- Chapter 4 Traces Alma Maud STRONG’s maternal ancestry.
- Chapter 5 Dora ROSE (b. 1859) & her first & second families.
- Chapter 6 Discusses the results of a mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) test relevant to Alma’s maternal ancestry.
- Chapter 7 Alma’s siblings part 1.
- Appendix (a) Transcriptions of ROSE births. (b) Court case: Annie ROSE.
- Appendix 2 What happened to the two emigrant MARQUARD brothers? (Adam)
- Appendix 3 What happened to the two emigrant MARQUARD brothers? (Christopher)
- Appendix 4 Appendix 4 : The PRESLANDs… family of Minnie PRESLAND née ROSE.
- Tackbear Sketch map derived from the 1925 subdivision deposited plan.