The STRONGs of Ulster, Ireland, Chapter 11
The "STRONG Family" section of this site is divided into 13 chapters and 9 appendices. Please read in sequence by following the links at the bottom of each page or use the "Quick Nav" at top right. If you wish to select individual chapters, please click on the top left link to the "Sitemap" page. Note that the chapters develop the story of our family and the appendices contain supporting data… for example the Descendancy Report in Appendix 1 with BDM records and photos of family members.
Contents of this Website are subject to Copyright © by Philip Strong, & allow fair academic use.
Do you have information, opinion or a question relating to either this site’s contents or its copyright? Please use the e-mail link available at the bottom of each page. I look forward to corresponding with you.
David STRONG's child: Robert George David STRONG part 1.
Robert George David STRONG
I have resisted publication of detailed information on deceased parents of present living generations, since that would indirectly give information about the living. My father's biography below is the exception and I have obtained approval of the living relatives mentioned.
Birth Death and Marriage Data
- (1) David STRONG
- b. 4 Aug 1870, Dover St., Belfast, Ireland
- d. 23 Jul 1957, Sydney, NSW. Australia.
- em. 14 Dec 1874, Plymouth, England, in the "Baron Aberdare".
- im. 19 Mar 1875, Auckland NZ.
- & Lucy Wilhelmina (Minnie) WEDEMEYER
- b. 28 Jun 1870, Gayndah, Qld. Australia.
- d. 6 Oct 1954, Sydney, NSW. Australia.
- m. 8 Feb 1896, Congregational Manse, Pyrmont NSW
- | (2) Rev. Robert George David STRONG
- | b. 18 Dec 1896, Wooloomooloo, Sydney NSW
- | d. 6 Oct 1980, Kogarah, NSW.
- | bur. 9 Oct 1980, Sutherland NSW
- | occ. Minister of Religion
- | rel. Church of England
- | & Alma Maud PATFIELD
- | b. 26 Mar 1901, Paterson NSW
- | d. 30 Apr 1988, Penrith, NSW.
- | m. 28 Mar 1925, St Mary's Waverley C of E, Sydney, NSW.
- | (2) Edward James STRONG
- | b. 9 Oct 1901, Sydney
- | d. 24 Jul 1994, Bexley, NSW
- | & Ruby Grace CALLAGHAN
- | b. 18 Nov 1906, Sydney NSW
- | d. 10 Aug 1994, Bexley, NSW
- | m. 18 Jan 1930, St Mary's Church of England, Waverley NSW.
Summary of Robert's Life as a Minister
The "Year Book of the Diocese of Sydney" (Church of England) and other sources list Robert STRONG as follows:
- STRONG, Robert George David. Moore Theological College Sydney, 1923;
- Aust. Coll. of Theol., 14 Dec, 1923 (Th.L.);
- D. (ordained deacon) 21 Dec, 1923, by Archbp. of Sydney;
- P. (ordained priest) 19 Dec,1924, by Bp. J.D. Langley, D.D., for Archbp. of Sydney.
- C. (curate) of Christ Church, Bexley, 1 Jan,1924 - 31 Mar, 1925;
- C. of Castle Hill, with Rouse Hill and Dural, 1 Apr, 1925 - 1 Apr, 1928;
- C. of St Clement's, Mosman, 2 Apr, 1928 - 9 Jun 1929;
- C.I.C. (curate-in-charge) in the Provisional District of St Alban's, Golden Grove, Darlington, 10 Jun, 1929 - 31 Dec, 1930 (address 57 Forbes St Newtown);
- R. (Rector) of Milton, 1 Jan, 1931-30 Aug 1933;
- R. of St. Luke's, Berry, 31 Aug, 1933 - 1 Oct, 1936;
- R. of St Alban's Belmore and Moorefields, 2 Oct, 1936-30 Sep, 1941;
- R. of Holy Trinity, Wentworth Falls, 1 Oct, 1941-25 Aug, 1946;
- C.I.C. in the Parochial Dist. of St Andrew's Lane Cove, 26 Aug, 1946 - 30 Nov, 1947;
- R. of St Andrew's, Lane Cove, 1 Dec,1947 - 22 Jan, 1957;
- R. of Brighton-le-Sands, 23 Jan, 1957 - 3 May, 1959;
- R. of Burwood East, from 4 May, 1959 - 31 Jan, 1962, when he retired from the full time ministry.
- He served several years doing occasional locum tenens work from 1 Feb,1962 with a General Licence to officiate.
Memoir of Robert George David STRONG
The "Memoir" has reached only a first draft stage and will be put on-line when it receives approval of all involved. Any contributions to this page would be gratefully received. Please see my contact details at the bottom of this page. In the meanwhile I include a photo below of the impressive Berry Rectory where my father served from 31 Aug, 1933 - 1 Oct, 1936. The Rectory was sold to a private family in 1994.
The Story Continues
- Chapter 12. Some details of Robert STRONG’s youngest son John Taylor STRONG.